Sunday, May 31, 2009

Green 4 Life With a Little Pink Water Bottle

Hi everyone...Here's a new post from Elena Lipson, the amazing EcoDiva. She's been my green angel this week swooping in and saving the day with her informative posts while I recover from having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted. Let's see what great info she has for us this week!

Over the last several years, we have all learned about the long term damage that plastic causes to our environment. According to the CRI - Container Recycling Institute, 'Each day in the US more than 60 million plastic water bottles are thrown away. Most end up in landfills or incinerators, and millions litter America’s streets, parks and waterways." This is quite a wake-up call and should make each one of us pause a moment before grabbing the next bottle of Fiji. Unless you are an avid recycling genius, there must be a better path for us than choosing an item we will use for a few minutes then inevitable toss.

In my own home, I have a filter in my fridge and a portable pitcher filter that I fill and use several times a day. I utilize these two filtration systems to fill up our stainless steel bottles before leaving the house. The problem I've found in filling the bottles at home is that when I'm out and about, I am out of luck.

I have to admit that I've been guilty of buying plastic bottles in a pinch. I've been told how clean the county drinking water is, but I guess I've become a bit picky about wanting filtered or spring water whenever possible.

Recently, a great new product caught my eye a few months back and last month that makes perfect sense. A beautiful pink bottle arrived in my mailbox and made me very happy. The amazing thing about this lovely pink , seemingly normal stainless steel bottle (besides the great color) is that hidden inside, is it's very OWN FILTER!!

The facts from the company: 'ECOUSABLE INC. introduces Ech20, a 25 ounce stainless steel water bottle with a built in filtration system. It utilizes EcoUsable's proprietary ionic adsorption micro filtration system, which eliminates more than 64 contaminants. Each 25 oz. 304 food grade stainless steel water bottle is non-leaching, BPA-free, reusable, lightweight, and taste-neutral.

The Ionic-Adsorption Micro-Filtration System is an entire water filtration plant within a portable bottle. The patented Ionic-Absorption Micro-Filtration reduces up to 99.99% of the following zones of contamination:

* Aesthetics: unpleasant taste, odor, clarity, chlorine, sand, sediment and Radon 222.
* Biological: Pathogens such as cryptosporidium, giardia & other cysts and spores.
* Chemicals: toxic chemicals, detergents, pesticides and other harmful industrial and agricultural wastes.
* Dissolved Solids: heavy metals such as aluminum, asbestos, copper, lead, mercury and others.

Now I don't have to worry about running out of water. I do have to wait a few seconds as the water filters. But that hasn't seemed to be a huge deal. One thing I would change is the straw attachment which is the only way to drink the water from the bottle. While it's easy to use and flip up as needed, I found it to leak a bit. Barring this one correction, I think this idea is AMAZING and will save many, many plastic bottles from lingering in a landfill thanks to your truly.

Check them out for yourself....https://www.ecousable.com/store/store.php/products/Metallic-Red-Filtered-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle--25oz {https://www.ecousable.com/store/store.php/products/Metallic-Red-Filtered-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle--25oz}


Here are some more amazing features of the ECH2O:

* removes up to 99.99% of pollutants as you drink
* drink from tap water, streams, rivers, lakes and pools
* emergency preparedness survival bottle
* filters everything but salt water
* 100 gallon capacity - 378 liters
* replaces up to 757 half liters of bottled water
* safe alternative to plastic
* high-quality food grade 304 L.N. stainless steel
* durable, lightweight, reusable and 100% recyclable
* BPA Free
* non-leaching & toxin-free
* no inner lining, clean tasting
* non-slip base
* holds 22 fluid ounces (650 ml) with filter inserted


Enjoy!

Signing off...EcoDiva
Check out more amazing Ethical Luxury finds at EcoDiva.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. This water bottle is super cool! I use a stainless steel water bottle, but mine doesn't have a filter like the Ech2o bottle! Thanks EcoDiva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia,

    I still use my other stainless steel bottles, I have a few of them. I just like taking this one as well to know that I can always refill it in places where I just don't know where the water comes from or how clean it is.

    Enjoy!
    xo
    EcoDiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very good point. NYC has some of the best tasting water around, but sometimes I get brown dirty water shooting out of my sink's spigot because of the iron in the pipes. I have to use a Brita filter at home, but if I'm on the run I'd rather just be able to fill my water bottle and not have it filter itself right then.

    xoxo,
    mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete