Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The "Urban Chic" & "Chill Hipster" Styles of Los Angeles

Can you feel the Yin & Yang balance emanating from this picture?

Today was the day where this East Coast girl (me) stepped outside of my comfort zone of fitted, dark colored clothes, and embraced the laid back fashions of a West Coast hipster. Although I was hesitant at first to ditch my threads (that I lugged all the way from NYC), I decided to shop my cousin's closet and play dress up. So, I woke early this morning and shimmied myself into one of her most comfortable outfits. I dressed in a flirty, Earth-toned ruffled organic cotton skirt with a cream colored top, and paired it with one of my favorite natural necklaces from k ritt jewelry.

This outfit has totally transformed me... I've taken on an entirely different persona. I've thrown caution to the wind and ceased every moment living as a free spirit. Believe it or not, I tossed my iPhone aside, put my laptop into hibernate mode, and just chilled in the hills of Hollywood. I'm loving this laid back vibe of L.A.!






As for designer Christine Marchuska, she was styled in her rendition of L.A.'s "urban chic." She wore her marchuska black mseries Vivons Vert tee paired with a cute jean skirt. (If you don't know, Vivons Vert is French for "live green.")

Awww look...even the Birds of Paradise were admiring these eco-friendly fashions.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! They were taken in the streets of LA & in the hills of Laurel Canyon. The views are breathtaking here and the people are great! Sustainable living is a huge part of many people's lives.

    ReplyDelete