Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ahh the World of Twitter & it's Tweet Surprises


I’m still a novice when it comes to using Twitter…I’m like the little kid who jumps up and down when he discovers that the circle block fits through the circle hole. I’m excited when I make discoveries (seemingly insignificant to most “tweet” pros at this point) that will benefit others. This morning I rolled out of bed, tapped my iPhone’s Twitter app, and began updating my SexySustainable (fly my way) status when a “follower’s” new tweet caught my attention. The tweet was music to my ears – a shopper’s delight! Get 20% off when you shop @ Project Green Label and use the code DIANA at check out.

Project Green Label has a few cute basics for men, women, and babies. It’s a young clothing line whose designers are on a mission to create environmentally friendly “threads,” while educating others on how to live greener and then benefits of doing so. I might have an opinion or two about some of the models they used in their photos, but I think the site is worth looking at, especially if you can get eco-fashion at a discount. Something I think we all can appreciate during times like these!

Project Green Label steers clear of conventional textiles such as “regular” cotton (sprayed with tons of toxic pesticides) and synthetic fibers like nylon and polyester (which are derived from petroleum – aka oil). Instead, the fabrics they use include bamboo, hemp, recycled cotton and organic cotton. Project Green Label also has a partnership with The Arbor Day Foundation, and a portion of their profits are donated so new trees can be planted!

Check them out quickly and save yourself 20% if you find anything you like.

Enjoy your day!

XOXO,
Mia

P.S. - Please let me know if there are any other sales we can all benefit from!

No comments:

Post a Comment