Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Free Play Tickets to see Anne Hathaway Perform!

Ok…so I realize the weather hasn’t really been cooperating lately, but there are bound to be some hot days in the mix, and when there are, I’ve got a FUN & FREE activity for you to do rather than sitting cooped up with the A/C on!

Did you know that indoor central air produces 4.8 pounds of CO2 per hour?! Not only is the A/C killing our environment, but I bet it's also killing your bank account. My suggestion is you and a comrade (your roommate, a date, your best friend) step out into the fresh, breezy nighttime air and see a hilarious Shakespeare play in Central Park. Romance is in the air! :-)

From now until July 12th, turn your A/C (and the boob tube) off and head over to the park to catch an open-air theater production of the Twelfth Night staring Anne Hathaway (the Devil Wears Prada fashionista). The play is a comedy about a girl dressing up as a boy who falls in love with a guy.


Tickets are limited and you can only get them at Central Park’s outdoor Delacorte Theater the day-of (max. 2 per person). Here’s the info:

Twelfth Night at Shakespeare in the Park; Tuesdays-Sundays, 8 pm through Jul. 12; The Delacorte Theater, 81 Central Park W. Tickets issued day of show, starting at 1 pm.

And get this…if 10,000 New Yorkers were to turn off their A/C (and TV) and head out to the play (or just out of the house), it'll have the same CO2-reducing effect as planting 43 trees! That’s a green thought I like.

xoxo,
Mia

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I'd love to see a play there. I saw romeo and juliet a while back and the theatre is quite enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Bill Hawthorne, and I represent maacenter.org, a leading web resource for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cancer information. Our organization is dedicated to increasing awareness of the terrible health consequences of asbestos exposure through the distribution of the best informational materials and public outreach efforts.

    I found your site through a search and decided to contact you because of its high environmental, sustainable and green presence which is extremely important in our movement. Your viewers are extremely savvy and motivated. The promotion of how buildings should now be built using sustainable green products to avoid asbestos and mesothelioma as well as the awareness of past buildings and preventative steps in avoiding asbestos exposure are extremely important. My goal is to get a resource link on your site/blog or even to provide a guest posting to be placed.

    I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to check out our website at www.maacenter.org. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    Please contact me back at bhawthorne@maacenter.org

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I'm super excited to see an outdoor play. I love being outdoors, especially in Central Park. I hope you and everyone else is able to get a ticket to the show!

    ReplyDelete